About the MMPA
MMPA is a non-profit association which exists solely for the benefit of its membership; it accomplishes as a group what single firms may not be able to accomplish individually.
MMPA’s primary goals are: to promote quality products produced by its members, to develop sources of supply, to promote optimum use of raw materials, to standardize products, and to increase the domestic and foreign usage of moulding and millwork products.
MMPA functions provide the tools, information and services necessary to help its members achieve increased sales and profitability.
- “The MMPA is a unique association. Actually, it’s an association comprised of unique individuals with the common goal of not just surviving within the moulding industry, but actually improving their individual company while surviving. As a relatively new member, I am amazed at how daily competitors come together and discuss the business obstacles and opportunities within a relatively small industry. The knowledge, experience, and comradeship that is built within the members within the association is an investment for myself and for my company.
The associate members also play an integral part of imparting knowledge within the association. Many of the associate members are invited to speak during the associational meetings to expose each of us into their world of expertise.”
- “I have been employed at Best Moulding for over seven years now, from the first week of my employment to today, the WWMPA now MMPA has been part of my learning process. Being from a completely different field and moving into the wood industry, I was fortunate to have an association filled with members who reached out to me. I was caught in awe at first, just thinking about a bunch of competitors meeting twice a year to discuss how to improve our industry. I was hesitant at first to open up, however realized quickly the association is one built on the integrity of the men who formed it many years ago with one goal in mine—to help promote and build upon the success of its members. To this day I enjoy the meetings not only for the important information and speakers that attend, but also because of the strong friendship I have forged with many of its members. If you have heard about associations before and just thought they were a waist of time, don’t do it with the MMPA, it’s about as real and honest as you can still find in any industry and I am proud to be associated with them. ”
- “Yuba River Moulding and Millwork Inc. has been a member of the MMPA since 1977. Like most of the active members of the association, our company considers the MMPA a very important component to the success of our company in past, present ,and future perspectives. The information and the knowledge that you take from the meetings and interaction and fellowship with other members can not be bought on a one time basis. Membership in the MMPA is a lifetime learning and positively growing your company proposition. If this is the direction you want to take your organization please join us in the MMPA.”
- “We joined the MMPA a few years ago so we could be a part of the organization that is the voice of the moulding industry in North America. We have found this membership to be a benefit to our company in several areas: moulding market information; support organizations; and the MMPA quality influence to our customers/customer.”
- “I was 28 years old when my boss, a family friend that worked for my grandfather and my father, suddenly passed away. I was very young to be taking over the family business, but lucky to be surrounded by some very qualified people. For four years I wanted to attend a WMMPA meeting but never did, usually because they were on the west coast, but also because I just did not know anybody. Then in 2001, the winter meeting was being held in Florida near Jacksonville. Since I’m from N. Carolina, I decided to drive down along with my assistant manager and our wives. This is still one of the best business decisions I have made in my career. The friendships I have made, and the knowledge I have brought home from the meetings are wonderful. Now, I hardly ever miss out, and when I do, I really feel like I missed out on something important and fun. In fact, I feel like the new MMPA is so important to me and my business, that I joined the Board of Directors and now serve on the Executive Committee. If you think the MMPA is a good fit for your business, but just can’t make yourself get to a meeting, think hard and then just do it! It might be one of the best business decisions you ever made too.”
- “Being a Canadian company, we viewed membership within the Moulding & Millwork Producers Association (MMPA) a bit differently than those manufacturers located within the U.S. Our desire to have a better understanding of the U.S. and International market, and the U.S. distribution network was driving us to seek out an organization that could educate us. Our mindset was you have to respect the customers and suppliers of the country in which you want to engage. This need to comprehend how to conduct business in the U.S. marketplace led us to the MMPA.
“After having identified the MMPA could assist us in our endeavor to fully grasp the U.S. marketplace, we then looked for other benefits of membership. From our point-of-view, there were three key items within MMPA we wanted to be connected with. First, the upholding of the WM® standards to which each quality manufacturer should respect. It is one thing to obtain the standards and quite another to implement them in your operations. If you state you are a WM® manufacturer, there are instant expectations as far as quality and service that spring to mind and your facility has to live up to them. The standards also afford members the benefit of utilizing the MMPA 20-minute fire rated door frame specifications (expandable to 90 minutes) to produce door frames without having to pay for testing and certification which can run roughly $25,000 each. We all know you have to continue conducting burn tests until you pass a frame. The MMPA has the specifications in place and is an economical alternative to developing and testing your own frame.
“Second, MMPA meetings gather suppliers of machinery and raw material from different parts of the world in a forum atypical to a trade show atmosphere. Time is the key component at the business meetings. You are able to spend quality time with suppliers allowing you to absorb more information and have good conversation.
“Third, we strongly believe networking is a critical component of the whole membership package. Making connections to our competitors while interacting with them during educational sessions and social events has proven invaluable over the years. I cannot express the importance of becoming active within MMPA to fully reap the rewards of membership.”
Tom Wiliams Jr.
Yuba River Moulding & Millwork
Sunset Moulding Company
Pacific MDF Products
Sierra Pacific Industries
Regal Custom Millwork / Reel Lumber
Roland Boulanger & Co., Ltd.
2nd Vice President
Royal Building Products
TLC Mouldings Inc.
CEO & Executive Vice President
Kellie A. Schroeder
Kellie A. Schroeder
Member Services I
Tom Williams Jr.
Turlington and Company
Member Services II
The Moulding & Millwork Producers Association (MMPA) is committed to promoting the use of sustainable forests, giving preference to recyclable and renewable resources. A policy that features renewable resources to provide timber for wood products promotes preservation of ecosystems and maintains the environment for the enjoyment of current and future generations. The MMPA is committed to the protection and enhancement of the natural life cycle of our forests.
The Poly Material Group of MMPA recognizes the importance of creating sustainable solutions to meet the moulding and millwork needs of today and tomorrow. We champion the use of Cellulosic and Plastic materials that may be destined for landfill. We will continue to practice environmental stewardship as we pursue innovative, engineered solutions for our industry.